Tuesday, November 17, 2009

At the Teachers Desk


I learned that school is becoming a more successful institute for girls rather than boys. This is disturbing to learn, not only because I am a woman, because there was once a time when males were the dominant figures in the classroom. Twitter is a network that I am not quite fond of, But I can see how it helped out the teacher who was sitting in for a sick teacher. All networks have their advantages and all a person has to do is find them. It worked out well for the sit in teacher, she recieved many posts back about what the students should do after their test. As a future teacher, I will continue to learn and be technologically literate. I know that when I complete college, I will continue to focus on technology that will make my classroom run smoother. I believe that the banning of pencils and crayons is a crazy idea. Why exclude these two items that parents are required to purchase at the beginning of school? Students color and write outside of the school, and now they will not be able to be creative during their down time. As a student in Dr. Stranges class I have learned a lot about technology. I believe if I had not taken this course, I would be a technology illiterate teacher.

1 comment:

  1. The post about crayons, chalk and pencils was a spoof - to get you to think about the absurdity of the efforts to ban technology.

    And Mr. C ( a male) was the teacher who got help via twitter on the math assignment/tests.

    ReplyDelete